Spitfire Fireplace Heater
- SP4 by CUSTOM FIRESCREEN
- Fee Shipping - Ships in 1-2 Days from Manufacturer.
The Spitfire Fireplace Heater is a low-profile heat exchanger that sits on the floor of your fireplace and was designed to boost the convection heat produced by your fireplace. Spitfire Heater draws in the cool air from your living space, circulates it through the hot tubes and then pushes the heated air back into your room.
Included with fireplace heater: 2 speed motor which pumps out up to 45,000 BTU's.
How does the Spitfire heater Work?
- This is a closed system and completely enclosed preventing any smoke from entering your living space.
- Tubes act as fireplace grate
- Spitfire Fireplace Heater with Blower Unit fits fireplaces larger than 20 "wide.
- Simply build your fire on top of the steel tubes which will heat the air flowing through.
Spitfire Heat Exchanger Installation Instructions
Spitfire Grate Heater Includes
- 2-Speed Motor
- 7 Foot Power Cord
- Installation Instructions
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Dimensions in Inches: (SP4 - Small) In Front W: 19 x In Back W: 18 x H: 7 x D:14 1/2
- Dimensions in Inches: (SP6 - Large) In Front W: 27 1/8 x In Back W: 24 3/4 x H: 7 x D:17
- Made from Steel and Aluminum
- The Spitfire Fireplace Heater increases your house's efficiency by producing a high airflow and is manufactured with quality parts and components
- Increase Heating Potential of your fireplace insert with this High Airflow fireplace heater. Individual results may vary.
- Designed to withstand intense temperatures
- Note: Minimum fireplace depth is 15" for this heater.
- Attention: this heater is not recommended for use with glass fireplace doors.
Will it fit in your Fireplace?: Measure the fireplace width in Front and in Back, along with Depth to determine which model will fit best. The fireplace's dimensions only need to be bigger than the Spitfire Heater's dimensions to work. For all Spitfire units: The height is 7" high and include a flexible tube which the fan motor attaches to. Spitfire Fireplace Heater will fit any fireplace grater than 20" wide x 15" deep.
The Spitfire Fireplace Heater is Manufactured in the USA.
This thing really works. The only improvements I would make are to have a variable speed fan that’s more powerful and put a plate vertically above the pipes so logs don’t roll out. There’s a bar there but I’ve had a few embers get thrown beyond it. It really does work though. With a decent size fire going, the fan on high, 30 degrees outside, my apartment stays about 65. Recommend for sure.
It *really* works!
I was reluctant to purchase this little spitfire heat exchanger based on the price alone. I’m now mad at myself for waiting so long to do so. It really cranks out the heat. I have a poorly insulated apartment in Seattle and with the right firelogs, my apartment stays an acceptable 67 degrees (42 outside) with no other source of heat. My only complaint is the blower. It works as it should as the noise level is acceptable. I’m almost certain that a stronger motor could move twice the amount of air which would be even better.
Just as I needed for my fireplace
After burn-in in backyard, placed inside in fireplace. Works as expected - does job well.
Spitfire Fireplace Heater
The larger blower helped, but I still don't see much of a difference. I will try to move the fireplace screen next year to see if I can get more blower air into the room.
Spitfire grate and blower
good value for the money! Customer service was excellent....