FK24 Fireplace Blower Fan Kit for Vermont Castings fireplace inserts
- In Stock. Ships to Canada USPS. Free UPS shipping to 48 States. Normally ships by Next Business Day.
Our FK24 Blower Fan Kit is designed for Vermont Castings fireplaces to circulate air around the firebox and increase heat output. This complete fireplace blower kit offers a low cost solution to push heat created by the fireplace into your living space.
Included with the blower kit: Variable Speed Switch, (rheostat control - like a light dimmer) which you can regulate air flow and any air noise from the fireplace fan and Thermo Switch (Thermodisc), a Heat Sensor which automatically turns the Blower ON after the fireplace heats up and automatically turns the Blower OFF after the fireplace cools down.
Fireplace Blower Kit Includes
- Variable Speed Control
- Thermodisc - Automatically turns blower on at 120F and turns blower off at 90F
- Mounting Bracket with Foam Dampening Strips
- Cord Set with 3-prong Power Cord
- Mounting Hardware
- Installation Instructions
- 1 Year Comprehensive Warranty
- Dimensions in Inches: W: 12.94 x H: 3.6 x D:4.27
- Motor is equipped with Thermal Safety Switch
- Bearing Construction Type: Ball Bearings
- CFM: 135
- AMPS: 0.74
- HZ: 60
- Volts: 115
- RPM: 3000 (1/1400 with load)
- Rotation: CW
- Blower Wheel Dimensions: Width: 9.45in (240mm) Diameter: 2.56in (65mm)
- Anti-Vibration Impellers & Vortex Regulation Tabs to provide a steady airflow
- This fireplace blower fan produces high airflow and is manufactured with quality parts and components
- Increase Heating Potential of your gas fireplace insert with this High Airflow Blower Fan
- Simple wiring connections makes installation Quick and Easy
If you have had any custom work done to your gas fireplace insert, compare the dimensions listed with the clearance in your appliance to insure proper fit.
This fireplace blower fan kit was Assembled & Tested in the Midwest which includes parts Manufactured in the USA. Industry Research & Design contributed to the manufacturing of this high quality aftermarket fireplace blower kit and is designed to meet the original equipment specifications. The instruction manual provided may not include specific information about your exact fireplace model, though we try to provide technical support in assisting you.
Worked great, easy to install and synched with the remote perfectly.
Installed in ten minutes.
Takes about 15-20 minutes for magnetic sensor to sense the desired temperature which allows fan to come on.
Fan decible level is about 65 with a sound level meter so you can hear the fan but you can control speed and hence the sound for quiter enviornment but it doesn't bother me, it's like white noise. It's like a pc fan running fast.
You can't really feel the breeze of the fan but with the small spider web on my grill I see the direction of the wind so I know there is air movement.
Feel the temperature change more at the higher level and less at the lower levels but I feel heat as I stand further away from the fan then before which is good as a safety issue, especially if you have kids and no protetion grill (no recommended).
My human temperature sensor (the wife) takes off the fireplace faster with the fan, so I know it must be working (ya right).
Overall it appears to be of very good build quality, judging on wiring gauge, casting of the fan and body, feel of the speed switch, plug and magnet temperature sensor. What I will do is obtain some air filters at the bottom of my FP so this can double as an air cleaner, why not. Enjoy!